Special Release on Livestock and Poultry Situation

Special Release: Livestock and Poultry Situation in Davao Region, as of July 1, 2018

As of July 1, 2018, the total hog inventory in Davao Region stood at 920,603 heads. It slightly grew by 0.99 percent from the previous year’s level of 911,615 heads. About 83 percent or 763,022 heads were raised in backyard farms while the remaining 17.0 percent or 157,581 heads were grown in commercial farms.

Inventory of goat in the region slightly dropped to 320,189 heads. This was lower by 1.40 percent than the previous year’s record. About 99 percent of these stocks were raised in the backyard farms while only a percent was reared in commercial farms.

Special Release on Livestock and Poultry Situation, as of July 1, 2017

As of July 1, 2017 the total inventory of hog in Davao Region was 911,615 heads, 3.9 percent higher than the inventory of 877,099 heads of the same period the previous year. In the latest count of hogs in the region, about 84.1 percent or 766,840 heads were raised in backyard farms while 15.9 percent or 144,775 heads were raised in commercial farms. Goat in the region has a total inventory of 322,724 heads of which majority or 99.0 percent were raised in backyard farms while there was only 1.0 percent raised in commercial farms.

Subscribe to RSS - Special Release on Livestock and Poultry Situation