Request for Civil Registry Document - Birth Certificate
Information to be provided for the issuance of Birth Certificate:
- Complete name of the child (first, middle, last)
- Complete name of the father
- Complete maiden name of the mother
- Date of birth (month, day, year)
- Place of birth (city/municipality, province)
- Whether or not registered late. (If registered late, please state the year when it was registered.
- Complete name and address of the requesting party
- Relationship to the child
- Number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
NOTE: ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATION OF BIRTH IS SUBJECT TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE OF ARTICLE 7 OF THE CHILD AND YOUTH WELFARE CODE WHICH PROVIDES:
Art. 7. Nondisclosure of birth records. The records of a person's birth shall be kept strictly confidential and no information relating thereto shall be issued except on the request of any of the following:
- The person himself, or any person authorized by him;
- His spouse, his parent or parents, his direct descendants, or the guardian or institution legally incharge of him, if he is a minor;
- The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other official proceedings to determine the identity of the child's parents or other circumstances surrounding his birth; and
- In case of the person's death, the nearest of kin.
Any person violating the prohibition shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of at least two months or a fine in an amount not exceeding five hundred pesos, or both, in the discretion of the court.