Special Release: Population of the Municipality of Matanao, Davao del Sur, 2015

Reference Number: 

DAVSUR-2019-004

Release Date: 

Wednesday, March 6, 2019
SPECIAL RELEASE: Population of the Municipality of Matanao
Based on the results of 2015 Census of Population
 
Population of the Municipality of Matanao in 2015 is 56,755
  • The population of the municipality of Matanao, as of August 1, 2015 was 56,755 based on the 2015 Census of Population (POPCEN 2015).
  • The 2015 population is higher by 5,373 compared with the population of 51,382 in 2010, and by 9,839 compared with the population of 46,916 in 2000. Refer to Table 1.
  • The population of the Municipality of Matanao increased by 1.91 percent annually, on average, during the period 2010 to 2015. By comparison, the rate at which the municipality’s population grew during the period 2000 to 2010 was lower at 0.91 percent. See Table 2.
  • If the current annual growth rate of the municipality continues, the municipality’s population was expected to double in36.59 years.
  • Barangay Poblacion posted a population of 6,154 persons in 2015 and accounted for about 10.84% of the municipality’s population.
  • Municipality of Matanao has 33 barangays. Barangay Poblacion had the biggest population in 2015, followed by Barangay Sinawilan with 4,369 persons and Barangay Manga with 3,596persons. The combined population of these three barangays accounted for about 24.88% percent of the population of the Municipality of Matanao in 2015. See Table 3.
 
 
Household population comprised 99.78 percent of the total population
  • The household population of the municipality of Matanao reached 56,755 persons in 2015. This is 5,280 higher than the 51,382 household population reported in 2010, and 9,728 more than the 46,904 household population posted in 2000.
  • The household population comprised 99.78 percent of the total population of the municipality of Matanao, while the remaining 0.22 percent is comprised of the institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hotels, hospitals, orphanages and home for the aged, corrective and penal institutions and military camps. Please refer to Table 4 and Figure 1.
 
 
Number of households increased by 1,741 from12,120 in 2010 to 13,861 in 2015
  • The total number of households in the municipality in 2015 was recorded at 13,861higher by1,741 compared with 12,120 in 2010 and by 4,002 compared with 9,859in 2000. See Table 5 and Figure 2.
 
Average household size was 4.1 persons in 2015
  • Average household size (AHS) in the Municipality of Matanao decreased from 4.2 persons in 2010 to 4.1 persons in 2015. In 2000, there were 4.76 persons, on average, per household.
 
 
 

Tags: