POPULATION OF DAVAO CITY (Based on the results of 2015 Census of Population)

Reference Number: 

DAVSUR-2018-02

Release Date: 

Tuesday, July 17, 2018
 
SPECIAL RELEASE
 
Population of Davao City in 2015 is 1,632,991.
 
The population of City of Davao, as of August 1, 2015 was 1,632,991, based on the 2015 Census of Population (POPCEN 2015).
 
The 2015 population is higher by 183,695 compared with the population of 1,449,296 in 2010, and by 485,875 compared with the population of 1,147,116 in 2000. Refer to Table 1.
 
 
The population of Davao City increased by 2.30 percent annually, on average, during the period 2010 to 2015. By comparison, the rate at which the city’s population grew during the period 2000 to 2010 was higher at 2.37 percent. See Table 2.
 
 
If the current annual growth rate of the city continues, the city’s population was expected to double in 30.49years.
 
Barangay Bucana posted a population of 83,964 persons in 2015 and accounted for about 5.14% of the city’s population. 
 
Davao City has a total of 182 barangays. Barangay Bucana had the biggest population in 2015 with 83,964, followed by Barangay Buhangin Pob. with 65,461, and  Barangay Ma-a with 59,803 persons. The combined population of these three barangays accounted for about 12.81% percent of the population of Davao City in 2015.
 
Barangay 3-A (Poblacion) was the smallest barangay in 2015, in terms of population size, with only 370 persons. 
 
 
Household population comprised 99.35 percent of the total population.
 
The household population of Davao City reached 1,622,427persons in 2015. This is 178,537 higher than the 1,443,890 household population reported in 2010, and 477,394 more than the 1,145,033 household population posted in 2000.
 
The household population comprised 99.35 percent of the total population in Davao City, while the remaining 0.65 percent is comprised of the institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hotels, hospitals, orphanages and home for the aged, corrective and penal institutions and military camps. Please refer to Table 4 and Figure 1.
 
 
 
 
 
Number of households increased by 75,478  from 334,473 in 2010 to 409,951 in 2015.
 
The total number of households in the city in 2015 was recorded at 409,951 higher by 75,478 compared with 334,473in 2010 and by 169,894 compared with 240,057 in 2000. See Table 5 and Figure 2.
 
Average household size was 4.0 persons in 2015.
 
Average household size (AHS) in City of Davao decreased from 4.3 persons in 2010 to 4.0 persons in 2015. In 2000, there were 4.80 persons, on average, per household.
 
 
 
 
 
For more details and inquiries of your other data needs, please visit our office at Philippine Statistics Authority, Davao del Sur Provincial  Statistical Office located at 3F R&T Yap Bldg., Bangoy corner Monteverde Streets, Davao City. You may visit us at our website: http//:www.psa.gov.ph or at http//:www.rsso11.psa.gov.ph

Tags: 

Attachments: