Friday, May 3, 2019
Philippine Statistics Authority’s (PSA) vision is to be solid, responsive and world-class authority on quality statistics and civil registration. A Client Satisfaction Survey (CSS) is regularly conducted to measure if indeed the office is performing as it envisions – Solid, Responsive and World-Class. Clients at the CRS Outlet are asked if are satisfied of the services they have received. Also, results can be used to initiate specific strategies to improve its services.
Highlights of the Results of the March 2019 Client Satisfaction Survey
• The March 2019 Client Satisfaction Survey, conducted last March 18 -22, 2019, posted a +89.0% satisfaction rate. Satisfaction rating is measured as the percentage of clients surveyed during the reference period who were either satisfied or very satisfied with PSA’s civil registry services.
• A net satisfaction rate stood at +88.2%, where Net Satisfaction rating measures the difference between the proportion of satisfied and dissatisfied clients. Figure 1 shows the comparative over-all satisfaction rate and net satisfaction rate posted from March 2018 – March 2019.
• A total 124,977 transactions were processed by the Davao CRS Outlet, operating for 22 days, in March 2019. On the average, 5,681 transactions were processed per day. Figure 2 shows the average number of transactions per day during the conduct of the CSS.
• There is no difference between sexes on their level of satisfaction.
• Clients in the age group 10-19 were the least satisfied clients at 75.0% satisfaction rate.
• Clients with some Elementary education were the least satisfied clients with a satisfaction rate of 71.4%.
• Clients with work were more satisfied compared with clients who do not have work and clients living outside Davao City were more satisfied compared to clients from Davao City. Table 1 shows the Satisfaction Rate by Client’s Characteristics in March 2019.
• Clients gave High satisfaction rate when asked if PSA provided easy to follow procedures (94.1%). This area of concern has been garnering high satisfaction rate since September 2018.
• Marked improvement in the client satisfaction rate was observed in the areas: courteous employees (9.9%) and understanding client’s needs (9.7%). It should be noted that these areas of concern posted below 80% satisfaction rate mark in December 2018.
• On the other hand, marked decrease in provision of enough chairs: 79.4%, from 95.0% in December 2018 . Table 2 shows the comparative satisfaction rates by Area of Concern from December, September, June and March 2018.
• The survey also asked if clients knew of other venues where one can secure a copy of their civil registry documents. About 54.4% of the clients knew that there are other ways where one can secure a copy of their Civil Registry Documents. Figure 3 shows the proportion of clients who are aware of other venues where to request for civil registry documents during the conduct of the CSS.
• Clients picked the internet (27.9%) or the Local Government Units (18.4%) as the alternative venues where they can request and secure their Civil Registry Documents.
• Only 28% of the clients who knew other ways where one can secure a copy of their Civil Registry Documents have tried alternative venues where they can request and secure their Civil Registry Documents. Figure 4 shows the proportion of clients who knew of other venues where to request for civil registry document and tried these alternative venues.
• When asked why they did not use alternative venues where they can request and secure their Civil Registry Documents, 30% reported they do not know that there are alternative venues to request for Civil Registry Documents or do not know how to request Civil Registry documents other than PSA’s .
• Clients were asked if they want to give comments or suggestions for PSA to consider to improve its services, consolidated below:
• Female accounted for 71.8% of the total clients of the outlet
• Majority of the clients belong to the 20-29 age group.
• Half of the clients reported to have at least high school education
• Clients reporting do not have work: 52.9%
• March 2019 clients are either residing in Davao City or outside Davao City.
RUBEN D. ABARO, JR
OIC – REGIONAL DIRECTOR