Monday, July 15, 2019
Philippine Statistics Authority’s (PSA) vision is to be solid, responsive and world-class authority on quality statistics and civil registration. A Client Satisfaction Survey (CSS) is regularly conducted to measure if indeed the office is performing as it envisions – Solid, Responsive and World-Class. Clients at the CRS Outlet are asked if are satisfied of the services they have received. Also, results can be used to initiate specific strategies to improve its services.
Highlights of the Results of the June 2019 Client Satisfaction Survey
- The June 2019 Client Satisfaction Survey, conducted last 17-21 June, 2019, posted a +85.5% satisfaction rate. Satisfaction rating is measured as the percentage of clients surveyed during the reference period who were either satisfied or very satisfied with PSA’s civil registry services.
- A net satisfaction rate also stood at +85.5%, where Net Satisfaction rating measures the difference between the proportion of satisfied and dissatisfied clients. Figure 1 shows the comparative over-all satisfaction rate and net satisfaction rate posted from March 2018 – June 2019.
- A total 91,164 transactions were processed by the Davao CRS Outlet, operating for 18 days, in June 2019. On the average, 5,034 transactions were processed per day. Figure 2 shows the average number of transactions per day during the conduct of the CSS from March 2018 – June 2019.
- Higher satisfaction rate were given by females compared to their male counterpart.
- All clients in the 50-59 age group were satisfied.
- Clients with some Elementary education were the most satisfied clients with a satisfaction rate.
- Clients with work were more satisfied compared with clients who do not have work and clients living outside Davao City were more satisfied compared to clients from Davao City. Table 1 shows the Satisfaction Rate by Client’s Characteristics in March 2019.
- Clients gave High satisfaction rate when asked if PSA provided easy to follow procedures (88.4%). However, this is a slight drop in the satisfaction rate posted last March 2019.
- Marked improvement in the client satisfaction rate was observed in the provision of enough chairs (85.1%). It should be noted that these areas of concern posted below 80% satisfaction rate mark in March 2019.
- On the other hand, following areas of concern posted below 80% satisfaction rate: Clean CRs (69.1%), courteous employees (74.2%) and understanding client’s needs (77.1%) Table 2 shows the comparative satisfaction rates by Area of Concern from December, September, June and March 2018.
- The survey also asked if clients knew of other venues where one can secure a copy of their civil registry documents. About 53.5% of the clients knew that there are other ways where one can secure a copy of their Civil Registry Documents. Figure 3 shows the proportion of clients who are aware of other venues where to request for civil registry documents during the conduct of the CSS.
- Clients picked the internet (28.0%) or the Local Government Units (20.4%) as the alternative venues where they can request and secure their Civil Registry Documents.
- Fifty-one percent of the clients who knew other ways where one can secure a copy of their Civil Registry Documents have tried alternative venues where they can request and secure their Civil Registry Documents. Figure 4 shows the proportion of clients who knew of other venues where to request for civil registry document and tried these alternative venues.
- When asked why they did not use alternative venues where they can request and secure their Civil Registry Documents, 30% reported they do not know that there are alternative venues to request for Civil Registry Documents or do not know how to request Civil Registry documents other than PSA’s .
- Clients were asked if they want to give comments or suggestions for PSA to consider to improve its services, consolidated below:
- Female accounted for 61.8% of the total clients of the outlet
- Majority of the clients belong to the 20-29 age group.
- Half of the clients reported to have at least college education
- Almost half of the clients reported do not have work: 47.2%
- June 2019 clients are either residing in Davao City or outside Davao City.
RUBEN D. ABARO, JR
OIC – REGIONAL DIRECTOR