Inventory of Livestock As of January 1, 2018, the total hog inventory in Davao Region inched up by 0.39 percent from the previous year’s level of 904,858 heads. About 84.0 percent or 757,297 heads were raised in backyard farms while the remaining 16.0 percent or 147,561 heads were in commercial farms. Inventory of goat in the region was estimated at 322,725 heads of which 99.0 percent were raised in the backyard farms while only 1.0 percent were in commercial farms. Meanwhile, total cattle population stood at 139,665 heads. This was 0.10 percent lower than last year. Out of the total stocks, around 96.0 percent were raised in backyard farms while 4.0 percent were in commercial farms. On the other hand, carabao in the region as of January 1, 2018, had a total count of 155,762 heads, a decrease of 2.96 percent compared to the 160,519 heads recorded last year. Majority of the carabao stocks were also raised in the backyard farms. Read more about Livestock and Poultry Situation Report, As of January 1, 2018.